In This Issue
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
Local and Other News
Be the first to know about new products, services, health care reform and more by subscribing to our newsletter. Visit our Profile and Preference Center to sign up today.
Methadone Coverage Update
August 2, 2017
Upon renewal, Methadone maintenance treatment for treating opioid use disorder will now be covered as a standard benefit for UnitedHealthcare fully insured and self-funded business as follows:
- Large Group – Effective upon renewal for plan years starting on or after July 1, 2017. (Exceptions: Jan. 1, 2017 for New Mexico; March 1, 2017 for Washington).
- Small Group – Effective upon renewal for plan years starting on or after Jan. 1, 2017.
- Effective upon renewal for plan years starting on or after Jan. 1, 2018.
Methadone treatment for pain cotinues to remain a standard covered benefit for fully insured and self-funded business.
Prior to 2017, coverage for methadone maintenance treatment for treating opioid use disorder was standardly excluded from UnitedHealthcare fully insured plan designs unless otherwise mandated by state law.
Methadone maintenance helps those diagnosed with opioid use disorder:
- As part of a medication assisted treatment (MAT).
- Is both clinically effective as well as cost effective.
- Supports mental health parity for plans that cover methadone when used for medical purposes.
Your customers will receive this information via their respective Connection newsletters in August. For more information, please contact your representative.
January 1, 2017 PDL Updates
The following updates will take effect for the OptumRx direct Prescription Drug Lists (PDLs) on January 1, 2017. Learn more
New Sales Automation Management Tool
Check out our new Sales Automation Management (SAM). Learn more
UnitedHealth Group News
Visit our newsroom for the latest about programs, reports and initiatives designed to help people live healthier lives.