In This Issue
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Local and Other News
Be the first to know about new products, services, health care reform and more by subscribing to our newsletter. Visit our Profile and Preference Center to sign up today.
Employers Honored by UnitedHealthcare for Creating a Culture of Wellness
July 3, 2017
UnitedHealthcare honored 10 employers with the company’s 2016 “Well Deserved” award for implementing innovative workplace wellness programs to improve the health and well-being of their employees.
This year’s Well Deserved award winners infused both health and fun in their wellness activities. Examples include onsite self-defense and exercise classes, grocery store tours, book clubs, wellness challenges such as “take the stairs,” meditation and stress reduction classes, onsite produce delivery, relaxation rooms and indoor and outdoor walking paths that allow for group and team activities.
Among this year’s award winners are two employers who received Golden Apple awards for winning a Well Deserved award for the second time, demonstrating a lasting commitment to employee health and wellness:
• Westfield Insurance, Westfield Center, Ohio
• Jefferson County, Golden, Colo.
Three employers received a Well Deserved Leadership award for 2016. This award recognizes employers for their innovation, thought leadership and sustained results in helping employees improve their health and well-being:
• The School District of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, Fla.
• Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
• IGT Global Solutions Corporation, Providence, R.I.
First-time Well Deserved award winners include:
• Atlantic Tool & Die, Strongsville, Ohio
• Chr. Hansen, Inc., Milwaukee, Wis.
• Gallup, Omaha, Neb.
• Keller Independent School District, Keller, Texas
• Parkway School District, Chesterfield, Mo.
Honorable Mention recipients include:
• Access Information Management, Livermore, Calif.
• Endurance International Group, Burlington, Mass.
• Florida League of Cities
• Grange Insurance, Columbus, Ohio
• Krueger International Inc., Green Bay, Wis.
• Methodist Health System, Dallas, Texas
• Pinellas County Government, Clearwater, Fla.
• Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
• Wolter Group LLC, Brookfield, Wis.
• Wright-Patt Credit Union, Beavercreek, Ohio
In collaboration with an external broker review panel to judge the applicants, this is UnitedHealthcare’s ninth year of recognizing employers who demonstrate a commitment to improve the health and well-being of their employees through innovative wellness programs.
To learn more about the Well Deserved award or wellness programs for your clients contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.
January 1, 2017 PDL Updates
The following updates will take effect for the OptumRx direct Prescription Drug Lists (PDLs) on January 1, 2017. Learn more
New Sales Automation Management Tool
Check out our new Sales Automation Management (SAM). Learn more
UnitedHealth Group News
Visit our newsroom for the latest about programs, reports and initiatives designed to help people live healthier lives.