In This Issue
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
Local and Other News
Be the first to know about new products, services, health care reform and more by subscribing to our newsletter. Visit our Profile and Preference Center to sign up today.
Updated PPACA/HCR Preventive Care Medication Lists Available
May 22, 2017
Statins Added to Standard Advantage and Traditional Prescription Drug List (PDL) Editions for New York Fully Insured and Non-ERISA Self-funded Business
The latest versions of the standard UnitedHealthcare Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act/Health Care Reform (PPACA/HCR) Preventive Care Medication Lists are now available.
Updates to these lists include:
- Addition of statins to the standard PPACA/HCR Preventive Care Medication Lists to accommodate early implementation for New York fully insured and Non-ERISA self-funded business on May 15.
- Certain statins will be available at $0 cost-share to members who qualify.
- To qualify, members will be required to meet all of the following criteria and not have a history of cardiovascular disease:
- Must be aged 40-75, and
- Have one or more cardiovascular risk factors, such as dyslipidemia, diabetes, hypertension or smoking, and
- Have a calculated 10-year risk of a cardiovascular event of 10 percent or greater.
- Not all statins will be covered at zero cost-share.
- Lovastatin will be available for zero cost-share.
- Atorvastatin and simvastatin will be available for zero cost-share after prior authorization criteria are met.
- For members who do not go through prior authorization, statins will continue to be covered at their current tier.
- This policy will apply to most self-funded and fully insured plans as of Dec. 1, 2017.
|Statins To Be Covered At $0 Cost-Share|
|No Prior Authorization Required||Lovastatin (generic Mevacor®) All Strengths|
|Prior Authorization Required to Confirm Risk for Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)||
Atorvastatin (generic Lipitor®) 10 & 20 mg*
Simvastatin (generic Zocor®) 5, 10, 20 & 40 mg*
*Only these strengths will be available for $0 cost-share.
We have added improved member friendly language in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) included with the drug lists.
- Contraceptive updates for the July 1, 2017 PDL cycle are accessible by clicking on the links in the grid.
|UnitedHealthcare Member Preventive Care Medication Lists|
|Advantage Traditional||Advantage Traditional||Advantage Traditional|
|SignatureValue Formulary||SignatureValue Formulary|
- New Illinois versions of these lists have been created to accommodate Illinois-specific contraceptive coverage requirements. UnitedHealthcare fully insured clients sitused in Illinois should use these lists.
- The current PPACA/HCR SignatureValue Preventive Medication lists include contraceptive updates for July 1, 2017. Statins will not be added to these SignatureValue lists until fall 2017, since there are no New York fully insured or Non-ERISA self-funded clients using the SignatureValue Formulary.
- Oxford Advantage and Traditional PDL versions of these lists are also available now.
- These updated lists are also posted to the myuhc.com pharmacy pre-login page.
For more information, contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.
January 1, 2017 PDL Updates
The following updates will take effect for the OptumRx direct Prescription Drug Lists (PDLs) on January 1, 2017. Learn more
New Sales Automation Management Tool
Check out our new Sales Automation Management (SAM). Learn more
UnitedHealth Group News
Visit our newsroom for the latest about programs, reports and initiatives designed to help people live healthier lives.