In This Issue
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
Local and Other News
Be the first to know about new products, services, health care reform and more by subscribing to our newsletter. Visit our Profile and Preference Center to sign up today.
Notification/Prior Authorization Required for New Specialty Medications
February 16, 2017
Effective Jan. 1, 2017, UnitedHealthcare requires notification for the following new specialty medications:
- Probuphine (buprenorphine) subdermal implants are indicated for the maintenance treatment of opioid dependence in patients who have achieved and sustained prolonged clinical stability on low to moderate doses of a transmucosal buprenorphine-containing product (i.e., doses of no more than 8 mg per day of buprenorphine sublingual tablet equivalent).
- Cinqair® (reslizumab) and Nucala® (mepolizumab) are indicated for the add-on maintenance treatment of patients with severe asthma who have an eosinophilic phenotype.
- Ocrevus™ (ocrelizumab) is anticipated to be indicated for the treatment of primary progressive multiple sclerosis and relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis. This drug is currently being reviewed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and a decision is expected by the end of March. Prior notification will be required upon FDA approval.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogs are indicated for the suppression of puberty in adolescents diagnosed with gender dysphoria. This new policy refers to the following GnRH Analog drug products:
- Firmagon® (degarelix)
- Lupron Depot® (leuprolide acetate)
- Lupron Depot-Ped® (leuprolide acetate)
- Supprelin® LA (histrelin acetate)
- Trelstar® (triptorelin pamoate)
- Vantas® (histrelin acetate)
- Zoladex® (goserelin acetate)
For more information, visit UnitedHealthcare’s Specialty Pharmacy Information Center or contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.
January 1, 2017 PDL Updates
The following updates will take effect for the OptumRx direct Prescription Drug Lists (PDLs) on January 1, 2017. Learn more
New Sales Automation Management Tool
Check out our new Sales Automation Management (SAM). Learn more
UnitedHealth Group News
Visit our newsroom for the latest about programs, reports and initiatives designed to help people live healthier lives.