In This Issue
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Local and Other News
Be the first to know about new products, services, health care reform and more by subscribing to our newsletter. Visit our Profile and Preference Center to sign up today.
Optum Behavioral Health Expands Network for Telemental Health Video-based Health Care Service
February 16, 2017
To improve access to care, Optum Behavioral Health has expanded its telemental health network to over 3,000 behavioral providers including AmWell and Doctor on Demand psychologists and psychiatrists effective Jan. 1. Expanding the telemental health network provides network solutions for those in underserved areas and improves overall wait-time for appointments with behavioral providers.
Today, UnitedHealthcare members have the option of seeing a behavioral health provider via video-enabled capabilities:
- Members may search for providers via the Optum Behavioral liveandworkwell.com online provider directory.
Note telemental behavioral benefit is separate from UnitedHealthcare’s virtual visits (medical) model:
- Telemental health visits are covered today and are considered the same as a behavioral office visit.
- Members will have the same out-of-pocket cost whether they see the psychologist/psychiatrist in-office or via video-enabled capabilities.
Expanding telemental health network to include 3,000+ providers, covering all 50 states will:
- Improve access to care.
- Deliver care via online video-enabled capabilities through a collaboration with behavioral providers who are licensed in multiple states.
- Include AmWell and Doctor on Demand providers in the telemental health network.
For additional information, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.
January 1, 2017 PDL Updates
The following updates will take effect for the OptumRx direct Prescription Drug Lists (PDLs) on January 1, 2017. Learn more
New Sales Automation Management Tool
Check out our new Sales Automation Management (SAM). Learn more
UnitedHealth Group News
Visit our newsroom for the latest about programs, reports and initiatives designed to help people live healthier lives.