September 22, 2015
UnitedHealthcare is the health benefits platform for UnitedHealth Group, providing health care coverage and benefits administration for approximately 85 million individuals worldwide across different stages of life. Our mission is to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
We serve individual consumers and employers of all sizes, including community programs and Medicaid, the international marketplace, military personnel and retirees in the U.S. and more than 20 countries worldwide.
Our solution combines the resources of our two businesses: health benefits and services.
Our health benefits business provides:
- Modernized approach to health benefits
- Largest proprietary network of providers
- Accountable care network strategy
- Cost transparency tools and resources for the consumer
Our services business provides:
- Solutions to help employers manage the health of their population
- Clinically integrated pharmacy offerings
- Data-driven systems that help provide decision support
- Health financial services to save and pay for health care
Our nationwide network includes more than 750,000 physicians and health care professionals, 80,000 dentists and 5,600 hospitals, and our pharmaceutical management programs strive to provide affordable access to drugs for 13 million people.
Please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative if you have questions about our products, tools and services, or would like to discuss plan options.