Health Discount Program
February 17, 2013
The Health Discount Program offers enrollees and their families the ability to access a variety of Health and Wellness services not traditionally covered by their medical benefit at typical discounts of 10 to 25 percent. "Basic" discount program benefits include discounts on vision care; dental care; alternative care such as acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy and natural medicine; long-term care services; hearing care; wellness programs including weight management, smoking cessation and fitness clubs, apparel and equipment; and the UHC ParentSteps® infertility program.
Members also have access to a marketplace of online shopping partners offering discount on health and wellness products including medical supplies, skin care, vitamins and supplements, and much more.
The Health Discount Program helps members save money on health care purchases outside of insurance. The Health Discount Program enables members to save 10 to 25 percent on non-covered health care expenses – potentially reducing their out-of-pocket spending.
- Complements UnitedHealthcare benefit plans
- Provides access to a broad network of 150,000 health care professionals and facilities, plus national programs and online shopping partners
- Helps members to save money on hundreds of out-of-pocket health care purchases — while encouraging a healthier, more physically fit workforce.
- Offers easy provider lookup online or by toll-free Customer Care Center
- Guarantees member savings.
NOTE: This is a health discount program — not an insurance program.